Whether it’s an account at your financial institution, your credit card, or even paying your bills, it’s important to keep your accounts in good standing.
So, what is ‘good standing’?
Good standing means that you are adhering to some originally agreed upon terms:
- Making payments on time.
- Making at least the minimum payment on your balances.
- Not exceeding your credit card limits.
- And not withdrawing more than you have in your checking account.
There are lots of tools you can use to help keep your accounts in great shape:
- Online Banking makes it easy to quickly monitor your balances, view transactions, and make transfers.
- Use online bill pay to help ensure bills are paid on time!
- Consider direct deposit and mobile check deposit to securely get your money where you need it!
- And go paperless with eStatements so you’ll know what you owe and when it’s due.
While it seems daunting, being responsible about your finances and using all the great tools available to you, will help protect you from fees, boost your credit score, and ensure that all your accounts stay in good standing!