Running a small business is a big undertaking. That’s why it’s important to have the right tools – like a business checking account.
While it can be tempting to just use your personal account, a business account offers advantages that range from a variety of banking services to saving time and protecting your money.
Business checking accounts can include features such as:
- Business checks and debit cards.
- Mobile and online banking, with 24/7 access to current balances, transaction history, and alerts that notify you of transactions that need your attention.
- Depositing checks or cash via mobile deposit, scanner, ATMs, or at a branch.
- Direct deposit of employee wages and bonuses.
- Online bill pay.
- Accepting payments for goods and services via debit and credit cards.
- Administrative control to allow trusted employees access to complete certain transactions so your business doesn’t have to come to a halt because you aren’t available.
It’s also important to know that a business account keeps expenses and revenue separate from your personal account and can help you monitor cash flow and when it’s time to file taxes. It can also help reduce your personal liability and help protect your wealth.
While many services are free, some features come with certain fees so be sure to ask your business banker to explain them to you.
To learn more about the advantages of business banking and what is required to set up an account, schedule an appointment with a business banker.
Establishing a relationship with your bank via a business account can also help you in the long run as you need advice or additional services, such as financing.
We want to help you succeed.