Join Our Team
Loan Administrative Assistant
The Loan Administrative Assistant position provides support to Fourth Capital’s bankers by servicing, maintaining, and updating loan documentation and loan files. The position requires substantial interaction with new and current bank customers, both internal and external. This position also requires excellent customer service skills along with proactive communication abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Basic understanding of loan documentation, credit policy and banking regulation to enable a constant review to ensure the assistant is up to speed on any changes with company credit policy and company compliance.
- Coordinate the preparation of required loan documentation; review documentation for compliance with documentation requirements; coordinate the execution of loan documents; organize workflow for loan renewal; follow up with clients, insurance agents, Title Company and/ or attorney for missing loan documentation as necessary.
- Effective file maintenance to resolve exceptions or any other documentation deficiencies along with actively managing outstanding exception items for compliance with Credit Policy.
- Work closely with the assigned banker to assist in collecting financial data and client phone/email communication to better manage the overall client relationship. Other client related services include wires, NSF accounts and overdrafts. Should contain a basic understanding of financial statements and their interpretations.
- Responsible for monitoring reports such as past due, paid off loans, criticized assets, and maturing loan lists to assist and proactively inform banker of potential or pending issues along with providing support to minimize administrative issues such client past dues.
- Promote an outstanding customer experience by exemplifying prompt follow-up and proactive internal/external customer communication, proper etiquette, and all other professional customer service qualities to maximize the most out of the client relationships.
- Basic understanding of HMDA, CRA Community Development, and CRA Small Business Revenue inputs to ensure proper reporting and compliance for the bank.
- Solid partnership with all ancillary departments within the bank to include the Loan Admin group, CIS, Loan Review, Special Assets, Bank Card, and Consumer Special Services.
- Basic understanding and communication ability of the bank’s retail services and processes.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Additional qualifications include:
- Ability to read, write, analyze and comprehend simple instructions, routine business correspondence, financial reports and/or legal documents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations.
- Ability to manage problematic situations in a diplomatic manner.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
- Demonstrate the ability to be proactive in judgment, multi-task, and be punctual and timely in performing tasks.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree preferred; and one to two years clerical, administrative support or general office experience. Prior loan experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of MS Office programs and the ability to learn basic understanding of the bank’s operating systems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.